Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The Official Dignowity Hill Pushcart Derby
Saturday, October 27, 2012 from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM (CDT)
San Antonio, TX
The 8th Annual OFFICIAL DIGNOWITY HILL PUSHCART DERBY
Saturday, October 27th, 2012 11-7pm
Lockwood Park (corner of N. Hackberry and Hays St.)
800 N. Olive, San Atonio, Texas 78202
PUSHCART DERBY PROCEDURES AND RULES
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
-All teams and pushcarts must check in and go through safety inspection by officials between 12-1pm.
-Derby track will be open from 11-12:30 pm for practice runs.
- Carts must not have any protruding parts (ex: long bolts, large stabbing pieces of wood, knives, etc.)
- All carts must have steering controlled by the driver only, not by the pushers
- NO: pull carts, rickshaws (a pushcart is pushed, not pulled)
- All carts need to have a seatbelt that securely hold the driver in the pushcart
- All carts must be tagged "Good To Go" by derby officials before competing in races (a well-built cart won't get you hurt and will allow you to race
- One driver and two pushers for each pushcart team
- Team members must be at least 14 years of age to compete unless all members are under 14 and will be competing in the Cookie Cruncher category (parent/guardian permission required for ANYONE UNDER 18 years)
- All team members must wear helmets and safety gear
- All team members must wear closed-toe shoes - no sandals
-Driver and pushers must compete throughout all races - no substitutions allowed
- All races will be overseen by Derby Officials - officials' decisions are final
- Races will start with front wheels of each pushcart on starting line
- Any early jump starts will result in either a re-race or disqualification - decided by Derby Officials
- The race is over when front wheels cross the finish line
- All teams will complete a time-trial race which will determine racing heats
Other IMPORTANT Rules
- Clean-up - every person in your crew will clean-up their area - this is a collaborative public art intervention to create positive change - so be cool!!!
- No illegal substances on the the premises, including Dignowity Hill Park; Alcohol will be sold this year; any team member found to be drinking prior to the completion of all races for which they are involved will be disqualified
Call Derby Manager - Rina Moreno: 210-643-978
Like us on facebook at The Official Dignowity Hill Pushcart Derby
When & Where
The Official Dignowity Hill Pushcart Derby in conjunction with Texas Public Radio
Sponsored by: Alamobeer The Friendly Spot Alamo Street Eat Bar The Dignowity Hill Neighborhood Association